A wide selection of pathway choices are offered to student’s in years 11-12:
– Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
– VCE including Vocational Education and Training (VET)
– Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
– School Based Apprenticeships (SBA)
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TRAINING (VET)
VET programs involve students completing a TAFE training certificate. The satisfactory attainment will also contribute units towards a students VCE or VCAL Certificate. The number of VCE or VCAL units and the level vary according to the course.
– Are assessed based on competencies which result in the student gaining a nationally recognised training certificate.
– Provide strong pathways into TAFE, traineeships and employment.
– May require a Structured Workplace Learning placement in industry normally over school holidays or at the college work experience week.
– May involve significant material costs to parents.
– Require a commitment from students to attend all set classes and require a mature and positive attitude.
The VET programs for 2016 are currently being reviewed and a list of programs available will be given to students early term 3.